A More Restful Challenge

  Generally speaking, it's good to challenge oneself.  It breaks you out of the routine and helps you realize things about yourself you might not have thought possible.  The one downside is that you can challenge yourself so much that a little rest and reassurance is in order.  After two years of shall we say mixed results I decided it was time to stay put for a little while doing something I feel comfortable with in a city I've come to love.  Volunteering here is pretty much the same as volunteering anywhere else so as noble as it sounds to volunteer in New Orleans the truth is I'm doing it as much for myself as for the people served by the Community Center.  Europe is still calling and I feel confident I'll get there as well as South America and Asia but after returning exhausted from my travels last year I pretty much jumped at the chance when the community center needed some extra help to tide them over after the holidays.